Fresh foods are foods that are harvested as soon as it is ripe and they are eaten within one to two days without any additives or packaging. Fresh foods are more nutritious because the longer they stay on the plant until it ripens, the more nutrients they will have. Research have shown that packaged foods are a source of hormone-disrupting chemicals such as plastic softener and Bisphenol A (BPA) while it has been discovered that eating fresh foods has the capacity of reducing these chemicals by half in three days.
Eating fresh vegetables and fruits has a tremendous impact on the body as they are more nutritious. People who eat fresh vegetables and fruits as part of their diet are less likely to be susceptible to chronic diseases. Fresh foods provide nutrients that are vital for the maintenance and health of the body because of the many benefits that it offers. We will take a look at s me of these benefits below.
Benefits of Eating Fresh Foods
- Economically, fresh foods are cheaper as they can be gotten directly from the farmer’s market, and farm shops.
- They are more nutritious than packaged or processed foods.
- Fresh foods are tastier.
- They are more environmental friendly as there is no need to dispose any packaging.
- Fresh foods are rich in nutrients such as potassium which may help to lower blood pressure, reduces bone loss, and also has the ability to minimize the risk of developing kidney stones.
- Eating fresh vegetables help to lower the intake of calorie.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits that contain fiber helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity, and heart diseases.
- Introducing a diet of fresh vegetables and fruits into your meal will help to protect against certain kinds of cancers.
- Fresh foods may help to reduce the risk of contracting heart diseases.
- Introducing fresh foods into your meal will help to lower blood sugar level in the body. Sugary food like fruit juice, ice cream, and s da among others will lead to an increase in blood sugar level in the body.
- Most process foods contain excess fat and as a result leads to obesity while fresh foods help to result in loss of weight because it contains less fat.
Most of the packaged and processed foods contain toxic chemicals that can affect the body cells in the body and this may lead to development of cancer cells that build up over time. Hence, to avoid this kind of unhealthy diet, try as much as possible to limit the consumption of processed foods to the barest minimum.
The most interesting part is that it is so easy to source for these fresh foods as it can be gotten directly from farms and other places in your locality at very affordable prices as compared to the prices of these processed and packaged foods. Incorporating fresh foods into your daily diet will go a long way in keeping you healthy and the impacts are enormous. You will look fresh, strong, and healthy in every manner.