The benefits of hiking are enormous as it is a form of cardio workout that affords the body to have access to fresh air, nice views, smells, and sounds of nature. A good way to enjoy hiking is to start slowly with local hike most especially for beginners, and then gradually take it a step further by working up trails with hills or to an uneven terrain.
Hiking is one of the activities that people who go on adventure or camping engage in because of its rewarding health benefits that goes way beyond just good vistas. It is categorized as a type of aerobic exercise that can help to improve;
- Muscle strength
- Sleep quality
- Bone density by slowing down its loss
- Weight loss
- Cardiorespiratory fitness which has positive effects on the hearts, lungs, and blood vessels.
Hiking is good for both adults and children as it makes children active, fit, sharp, and lowers their chances of becoming obese amongst their peers who don’t engage in regular exercises whether hiking or any other form of exercise. They also sleep better at night and are more alert in class.
In addition to the other benefits stated above, the following are benefits hiking has on various systems of the body;
- Hiking helps to lower the risk of having heart diseases
- It improves blood sugar levels and blood pressure
- It helps to improve stamina and balance
- Since hiking is a weight bearing exercise, it can help to boost bone density
- It strengthens the core
- It can help to boost mood as research has shown that hiking has tremendous impact on combating any symptoms of anxiety and stress.
Tramping or hiking can also help to reduce the risk for;
- It helps to reduce the risk of high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Untimely death
- Breast, colon, endometrial, and lung cancers
- Stroke and heart diseases
- Anxiety and tension
- Negative effects of arthritis and osteoporosis
A wonderful way to enjoy hiking is to invite friends along instead of going on the adventure alone; when you go with friends it becomes interesting and you can easily get help in case you get hurt in the process. The more you go hiking, the more your hiking skill improves and then you can decide to go solo.
Before you go hiking make sure you acquaint yourself with the trail map this will make navigating through your journey a lot easier, also make sure you look out for the condition of the weather; ensure it is favorable and also pack all necessary items accordingly.
Hiking is a good way to unwind and enjoy another side of nature, regular hiking is good for the general well-being of the body, burning of body fats and a way to relieving stress. Go on a hike today either alone or with your friends, and your body will definitely be better for it.